Return of Premium (ROP) Life Insurance
The short and simple version?
ROP life insurance is the “bees knees”.
- If you die during the 30 year term, your beneficiary receives the entire policy amount.
- If you live until the end of the 30 years, the insurance company sends you all your money back- 100% of what you spent into the policy. This essentially eliminates your financial risk and provides substantial security to your family at the same time.
It costs more than traditional term life insurance and of course you have to qualify for the program, which is determined by age and health.
Age must be 18-50 for 100% ROP.
Ages 51-60 for 75% ROP.
Health must be moderate or better, which can be quickly determined with one of our Superhero life insurance agents.
For those concerned they may not qualify for this program, Return of Premium programs tend to be more generous with approvals, than traditional term options. Also…
NO MEDICAL EXAMS REQUIRED
Anyone that qualifies for the program has the same health rating, with no medical exam requirements. It’s all what is called “Simple Issue”, which means… they keep it simple and qualifying is done in the background, by quickly viewing your MIB, which typically only takes about 3-5 minutes. No waiting for weeks, or months. 90% of clients get an instant decision upon submitting the application.
There are many reasons why most people prefer Return of Premium Term Life Insurance:
1.) Excellent coverage and benefits during the term. Pays 100% for pre-existing conditions.
2.) Coverage is sufficient financial security for most families. Typically $100,000 – $300,000 with a $25,000 minimum.
3.) 100% Return of Premium does exactly what you want… 100% of YOUR money is returned to you if you survive the policy. 100% payout if you don’t.
Return of Premium Term Video:
To further clarify:
If you die during the term, it pays out 100% of the policy amount.
If you get a terminal condition, you can get 92-94%, immediately.
If you don’t die during the policy, it pays you back 100% of what you paid into it at end of 30 years.
all payouts, whether it is upon death, or the return of your premiums, are 100% tax-free.
Outlive the policy – Return of premium after term is 100% tax-free.
Upon death – Death benefit is 100% tax-free.
Bill is 41. He is fairly healthy and does not smoke.
He wants $200,000 term life insurance for 30 years.
He doesn’t want to pay into a 30 year term and then receive nothing back if he outlives the policy.
He gets a 30 year $200,000 Return of Premium term life insurance policy for $162.02 per month.
- Outcome 1: He dies during the 30 years and his beneficiary receives $200,000 tax-free
- Outcome 2: He outlives the policy and receives a tax-free check for $58,327.20 which is 100% of what he paid into the policy.
- Outcome 3: He cancels the policy before the 30 year term ends, and receives a partial return of premium in 1 tax-free check
Did you notice outcome 3?
Obviously everyone plans to keep their policies for 30 years, but that can’t always happen. The longer you keep it, the larger the percentage of your return- if you have to let go of the policy, early. 100% return after the 30 years. As an example- even just 13 years into the policy, your return is more than 50%.
Want a Return of Premium quote, without the hassle of a phone call?
- $25,000 – $300,000 coverage
- 30 years
- 100% Return of Premium – Guaranteed 100% of your paid premiums returned to you if you survive the policy
- 100% full death protection
- 92-94% immediate payout for terminal
- NO medical exam or waiting period
- All payouts and ROP are 100% tax-free